Remington Shaver is a product of quality. Having one means you have to take care of it to enjoy it for a very long time. And taking care of Remington’s electric shaves requires knowledge where to get replacement parts and what parts to buy. Below is some useful information in getting Remington shaver parts.
Electric razors like Remington shaver make shaving easier and convenient. With this along, people, especially men, of today can easily rid of their unwanted hairs or beard anywhere, even in their car. This is something traditional disposable razor blades with shaving cream can never do.
Generally, there are two types of electric shaver, the foil and rotary. Remington is popular for its foil shaver. The foil shaver uses oscillating cutters that is very ideal for close shaving. Its rotary shaver on the other hand uses spinning cutters that is ideal for contour shaving.
Remington is not as expensive as other electric shaver brand but it performs as well as the more expensive brands. Remington electric shaver parts such as the foil screens, rotary heads and cutters can be purchased online at a low price range of around 15 to 25 dollars. Parts replacement will depend on how often you use the shave. For daily use, you probably will have to replace the shaver parts every 6 months. If not, you can enjoy them for two years before you have to think of replacing the Remington shaver parts.
Remington Shaver Parts
Remington shaver replacements parts are made to fit certain Remington shaver models. The following can guide you what parts to buy.
- Microscreen Foil – These are generic foils made to fit Remington shaver that starts with AD and DF as well as the XLR-9000 series models.
- TCT Microscreen 2 – Replacement parts for TCT cutter and screen that will fit Remington shaver that starts with MS2.
- Generic Microscreen 3 Screen – these are generic shaver screen made to fit shaver that begins with MS3.
- Titanium heads and cutter – This is made to fit the Smart System and MicroFlex Titanium and Ultra Titanium Remington electric shaver models.
- Microscreen 3 Shaver Foil – this is made to fit shaver models that begin with TA.
- Shaver Battery – This is a rechargeable battery that is specifically made to power up intercept Remington models like 2810, 2830 and that start with TA models.
- Generic Intercept Cutter Blades – These generic blades are designed to fit M-22810 and other intercept models that starts with M. Sports shavers that starts with RS can use this cutter blades as well.
- Shaver Cord – This can be used for almost all of the Remington shaver models.
There are more Remington shaver replacements parts that you can avail if you know where to get one. Fortunately, there are a lot of Remington shaver parts stores online and at stores in areas such as Lincoln Nebraska, Hialeah Florida and a lot more. You can even look for it at major retail stores like Sears, Target and Wal-Mart. If you don’t want to go out your way, you can always order online. Amazon and Ebay offer a wide range of Remington Shaver parts. Of course, Remington online store will help you with this as well.
Do It Yourself Remedies
There is, however, an advantage if you know Remington shaver parts stores in your area as most of them can also offer repair services. But if you can’t find one in your area or you what to try fixing you’re the shaver yourself, you can easily do the following.
- Asses the problem. If you can see that the shaver does not do close shaving anymore, the problem will often lie on the shaving head. This actually does not require so much fixing, just replacement.
- Cutting or irritating the skin. If your electric shaver starts to cut or irritate your skin, this is again due to the shaving head. Check if it is mounted properly. Just remove it carefully and insert it back again with a gentle pressure. Be sure not to break anything especially the pins that hold it in place. You might end up replacing everything.
- Shaver does not turn on or dies after turning it on. You need to check on the charging unit, the batteries or the cord. After buying new batteries or cords and charging unit and still nothing happened, this is the time to call for professional help.
You don’t have to worry much about Remington shaver repair as most often, it does not require so much to fix it. It will just probably need part replacements. But to enjoy shaver for a long run, you need to clean it after use and ensure the Remington shaver parts are in its topmost condition.